I received David Wolber’s App Inventor Book and skimmed over it this weekend. It will be perfect to help me build the 2nd trimester of Introduction to Programming with Web Design. My idea is to have the programmers be the “app inventors” and the web designers create a class “marketplace” for the apps. We’ll see how it goes…
I also found some good resources for all things iPads. Since I will be getting a class set for AP Calculus next year, I want to make sure that I know as much as possible so that I can use them effectively!
I found the iPads in Education ning. Definitely recommended reading if you’re interested in using iPads in your classroom. Some things I learned, briefly:
- Use Your iPad as a Second Display for Your Computer – iPads in Education bit.ly/kIYw45
- The 50 Most Beautiful iPad Apps http://zite.to/jnz7eD
- Google Swiffy – converts Flash SWF files to HTML5 for use on iOS devices swiffy.googlelabs.com
@SamGliksman is the guy to follow and the hashtag he uses is #ipaded.
And some more things from ISTE11:
- From ISTE 2011 Learning Tools Family Feud – http://goo.gl/Z4uFV
- RT @randylindquist: @chrislehman: Technology should be like oxygen in our schools… ubiquitous, necessary & invisible. #iste11
- #iste11 My notes from Chris Lehmann’s keynote. db.tt/G8jSH1W
- Done Waiting – A new post from mid-air. http://bit.ly/k0XqvO – #ISTE11 #EdTech
- #iear #iste11 http://ow.ly/1ubIdF Helpful for all instructional leaders. Even breaks down purchasing apps thru VPP, student reviews, Diigo.
- AuntyTech’s Archive on #iste11 Containing 11,316 Tweets;archivist.visitmix.com/AuntyTech/2
- RT @rgriffithjr: The @kevinhoneycutt website – http://bit.ly/nZQ0j #ttt #iste11
- New Symesposium Post for #ISTE11: Finding Apps and Staying Current with iPad and Android « http://ow.ly/5sEyM
- #iste11 Do you know you can automatically save your Twitter favorites to Diigo? Check it out diigo.com/tools/save_twe…
- We 2.0 tools for the classroom. And here I thought I knew all the tools! http://bit.ly/jgVysK #iste11
- Art Teachers on Twitter – ARTatISTE http://bit.ly/kLR4DK #NTLB #ISTE11
- Transcripts for both of yesterday’s #edchat can be found here:http://tinyurl.com/25qggg4 (thanks @jswiatek )#iste11
- One more plug for this morning’s session on teacher inquiry and PD. 107B bit.ly/iste2011dlc Join us. It’ll be good. And useful. #iste11