I had the opportunity to work with Sophia in the beginning stages of some of the free ACT prep resources they are developing for High School students. In working on the ACT Math Test Prep resources, the goal we had was to create some very basic tutorials to familiarize test takers with the format of the test and give them a quick glimpse at topics and question types they might see on each of the sections. From their website:
Our ACT Math Test Prep gives you the tools, skills and confidence you need to do well, including full-length practice tests, answer keys, in-depth yet easy-to-grasp tutorials and smart test taking strategies.
My role was to create the video tutorials. A total of 8 tutorials are currently up, as follows:
- What to Expect on the ACT Math Test
- Pre-Algebra Subsection of the ACT Test
- Elementary Algebra Subsection of the ACT Test
- Intermediate Algebra Subsection of the ACT Test
- Coordinate Geometry Subsection of the ACT Test
- Plane Geometry Subsection of the ACT Test
- Trigonometry Subsection of the ACT Test
- Test Taking Strategies for the ACT Math Test
It is our hope that these tutorials are helpful for students and for teachers who are new to the format of the ACT. Please enjoy and share!