The first step will be establishing some summer goals. I have many, but I think the list is doable.
- Prepare AP Computer Science Course to run as a Blended Course
- Begin creating and putting all AP Computer Science course material in a LMS
- Research and prepare virtual conferencing tools
- Develop new and exciting Introduction to Programming course
- A huge goal is to get students into computer science! Next year, I will be using 3 different programming languages for the 3 trimesters to try to engage students.
- Choose 3 difference programming environments
- Thinking: Scratch, App Inventor, Alice
- Prepare material to use in the course this fall
- Prepare for iPad pilot program in my AP Calculus AB course
- Create a blog to track successes/failures
- Research apps that can be useful
- Figuring out how to ensure this pilot is a success
- Lots of fun research!
- Work with 2 colleagues on Math Department technology goals
- Attend Alan November conference + preconferences (full week)
- Summer work to prepare curriculum for use in Algebra II and Statistic classes based on new tools learned at the conference
- Attend STEM conference
- Focus on restructuring of curriculum and scheduling changes to best suit these needs