Below I will highlight some of my favorite changes that Pear Deck has recently rolled out to their Dashboard.
- Layout Controls – You can now toggle between “list layout,” “grid layout,” and “overlaid layout” right from the teacher dashboard! I think this was always the most difficult thing for me to explain to people – that you needed to go to the teacher dashboard to get the “overlaid layout” option. But now, it’s all available from the projector view!
- Postless Text and Number Responses – Teachers can now see what students are typing in real-time, meaning that students no longer have to press “post” for their response to be visible. (Note: student responses are auto-saved.)
- Unified Student View – Students can now see both the answer input as well as the full content of the Projector View on their screen. This is nice because students no longer have to worry about looking up at the project to read the question and then moving back to their computer to respond.
- Multiple Choice Response View has received significant design improvements. Instead of individual dots, you’ll see easier to read progress bars.
- Student View Improvements
- When you lock the slide as a teacher, students screens will display a preview of the response they submitted so they can compare it to what you are discussig
- Students can expand/zoom in on images
If you are using Self-Paced Mode, there are so many awesome updates with this new dashboard. For example, you can now see how many students are on each slide. If you click on the number, it will display a list of student names who are on that particular slide. Additionally, there is a green progress bar along the bottom of each slide to show you approximately what percentage of students have completed that slide.
If you’re interested in reading more details, please see these articles:
Instruction for activating the “Try Out the New Pear Deck” add-on:
- Go to peardeck.com
- Choose the Add-On tab
- Click “activate this add-on”
Pingback: Getting Started w @PearDeck – Some Essentials | techieMusings