I am excited to be at Alan November’s Building Learning Communities Conference again! This conference is certainly one of my favorites and I credit it with inspiring me to change my classroom forever (see: memories of how my adventures in #flipclass began). I’ll definitely be sharing a lot this week on this blog and through Twitter, so stay tuned for that.
This year, I’ll be presenting two sessions —
- Data driven: using analytics to inform & personalize instruction (Wed 7/26, 11:45am)
- Using Technology to Empower Students and Personalize the Learning (Fri 7/28, 10:45am)
Below, I am sharing my session slides as well as some articles, videos, and sample student work I will be referencing in my presentations.
- Slides – Data driven: using analytics to inform & personalize instruction
- Slides – Using Technology to Empower Students and Personalize the Learning
- Flipped Classroom Welcome Video, For Parents
- Example EDpuzzle Lesson – AP Calculus
- How I Use EDpuzzle’s Analytics
- Student Projects in @EDpuzzle: Tutorial & Examples for English, Science, Math, Foreign Language, & PE
- Pear Deck Jeopardy
- Pear Deck Sample Decks
- Using Flipgrid in Online AP Calculus to Allow Students to Verbalize Their Thinking Process
- Student Led Google Hangouts
- Tools for Online AP Calculus (including using Slack as a communication channel)
- Using Zoom & The Bamboo Slate to Hold a Virtual Class
- EDpuzzle example – let students explain and analyze
- Socratic Related Rates (Calculus) Example Post
- Students Helping Students Beyond the Classroom: An Unexpected Way to Build Analytical and Verbal Skills in Math Students Using Socratic
- My Flipped Classroom Resources and Tips, from Beginner to Advanced
- My Essential Tools to Create Flipped Classroom Videos
- #BLC17 Roshan Session Reflections: https://flipgrid.com/fd0f32
- For participants to reflect on ideas that resonated and/or general takeaways from the session.
- #BLC17 Highlights: https://flipgrid.com/c59d6a
- To house conference highlights, favorite sessions attended, and ideas learned here at the Building Learning Communities Conference.
- Flipgrid Upgrade Code: STACEYROSHAN (through 9/30/17)
Pingback: My Notes from #BLC17: Highlights from Keynotes & Sessions Attended | techieMusings