I had another chance to be on the Dr. Will Show Podcast! Will Deyamport, III, Ed.D & I dig into my journey to becoming a teacher → edtech integrationist, coach, speaker, author… the power of developing relationships & modeling… helping teachers in the current climate… & more!
Here are some timestamps to highlights from the episode:
- 0:30 My journey to becoming a teacher and then edtech integrationist
- 5:00 A passion-driven journey to where I am today: writing a book, working with edtech companies like Pear Deck & more
- 10:00 How my background in (behavioral) economics has influenced my work
- 13:00 How my book, Tech with Heart, has been received and led to new connections & speaking opportunities
- 18:00 Conference speaking as an opportunity for growth and reflection
- 21:00 What the flipped classroom now means to me & shifting ownership over to students while also building their confidence
- 24:00 How to stay fresh!
- 26:00 Building relationships with companies like Flipgrid & Sutori through experimentation & innovation
- 30:00 The power of modeling & relationship building in my edtech role
- 35:00 Branding
- 39:00 Empowering student voice, example from my classroom last year using Flipgird
- 42:00 Helping teachers during remote learning and sticking to my journey
- 54:00 Helping teachers in the current climate & the power of asynchronous PD